[sugar] Trac workflow

Morgan Collett morgan.collett
Mon Jul 21 09:41:32 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 11:52, Marco Pesenti Gritti <mpgritti at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 8:35 AM, Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de> wrote:
>> We have the 'package' option as well. I guess this is what needs to happen
>> after checking into git. 'package' is then doing the tarball release and
>> 'add to build' building in koji maybe?
>
> I'm not sure what's the meaning of package. I thought it was for stuff
> that only needs packaging changes, like create a new package, add a
> dependency or something like that. We should clarify with Michael.

If I pushed a fix to say sugar-toolkit, I would have to wait for the
next release (or snapshot) package. So I'd set the action to
"package". Our packaging procedure also adds it to the joyride build
automatically.

However, when the 8.2 release stream diverges from joyride, there will
definitely be an extra "add to build" step when our buildmaster has to
tag the package into that build.

So I think having them distinct might seem less relevant now but we
will need it later.

Morgan