[sugar] Write needs your help (was Re: Programming environments on the XO)

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu
Thu Jul 17 16:54:39 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 9:44 PM, Edward Cherlin <echerlin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 12:10 PM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net> wrote:

>>> I can do that. OK, Cyrillic works. I just entered every key on the
>>> layout, upper and lower case. I'll get you lots more writing systems
>>> later today. I am _not_ going to test every Chinese character %-[.
>>
>> Which version are you testing? I would say that downloading an Abiword
>> binary 2.6.4 from abisource.com may be best, as that's the version
>> that I hope we'll use in Write for 8.2.0.
>
> I'll see about that. Right now I am using Write 55-0ubuntu1, which
> doesn't say what version it is in those terms.
> http://abisource.com/wiki/Install_on_Ubuntu is out of date. It says
> 2.4.6 was in Gutsy, and that 2.6 should have been in Hardy, but what I
> see is Abiword 2.4.6-3ubuntu3. What actually happened?
>
> But is the question testing stock Abiword or Write? Or do you want me
> to do both?

Sorry, what I meant is that, ideally, we would be testing Write in
joyride with the 2.6.4 version. As we don't have that version in
joyride yet, I think the closest we can do is testing Abiword 2.6.4.
Regarding language support, I expect it to be the same as Write, but
as always, it's better to test what is going to be delivered.

Thanks,

Tomeu