[sugar] Write needs your help (was Re: Programming environments on the XO)

Ryan Pavlik abiryan
Thu Jul 17 15:06:56 EDT 2008

Edward Cherlin wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 1:16 AM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net> wrote:
>

>> The abi devs have also asked for help in testing Write with non-latin
>> scripts, this is something of high importance for OLPC.
>>

> I can do that. OK, Cyrillic works. I just entered every key on the
> layout, upper and lower case. I'll get you lots more writing systems
> later today. I am _not_ going to test every Chinese character %-[.
>
> Let me know if the abi devs have any specific tests they want done on
> non-Latin characters. How do I contact them?

You can use our developer mailing list (reasonably low volume), and if
you find a bug, file it at http://bugzilla.abisource.com  - mailing list
info at http://abisource.com/developers/

For the complex scripts, it would be great to know if it behaves the way
a native user would want it to behave - for instance, no core abi devs
are CJK natives so we can type characters from a char map but have no
idea what is "right" and "wrong" WRT results.

Thanks!

--
Ryan Pavlik
www.cleardefinition.com