[sugar] 8.2.0 Release Notes

Greg Smith gregsmitholpc
Thu Jul 17 09:33:59 EDT 2008

Hi All,

I need the latest, final, definitive screen shots and documentation on
new Sugar GUI planned for 8.2.0 in the release notes ASAP.

I plan to send release notes to deployment leads to see if they are
interested in using 8.2.0. I will say that the release notes are subject
to change but it should be as correct as possible.

I especially want to remove incorrect info and ideas that didn't make
the release.

See the GUI section of the release notes at:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Release_Notes/8.2.0#GUI_and_Usability_Improvements

I believe the control panel section is correct except for the Software
Updates section.
Please confirm.

Scott, can you write a brief blurb on software updates?

I need a link to additional approved documentation on the control panel.
If we don't have one, this release notes will be all you get!

The big gap is Home View and Frame Redesign

Who can give me final screen shots and blurbs on all the elements in that?

I posted the links I have but they may include features which will not
make the release.

I want to send pre-release Release Notes out at the beginning of next
week so please respond ASAP.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'll do whatever leg work is
needed if I know who/where I can get verified information.

Thanks,

Greg S