[sugar] Sugar adds favorite activities to ring

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu
Thu Jul 17 05:31:51 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 3:19 AM, Eben Eliason <eben.eliason at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah, I'm not sure that this is expected behavior (I would expect not).  The
> intent is that a "customization" upgrade would allow additive changes to the
> favorites ring, for instance to allow a school to ensure that every kid has
> brand new activity X in the ring on the first day of class (if the kids
> later remove it, that's up to them, of course).  The question, then, is
> if/why installing that RPM behaved in the manner of a customization instead
> of a basic software update.
> Tomeu, do you know how this is expected to work?

When kids update to a version that has the notion of favorites, we
don't want to show the favorites screen empty. That's why we added
code for adding the activities mentioned in activities.default.

Also, when you update to a newer version, favorites.default might
change so we merge it again with the users favorites. We don't know if
an activity present in activities.default but not in the favorites was
removed by the user or added by the school/deployer.

Is this correct?

Regards,

Tomeu