[sugar] Google Summer of Code: sugarbot Screencast

riccardo riccardo.lucchese
Sun Jul 13 03:53:57 EDT 2008

On Sat, 2008-07-12 at 12:23 -0400, Zach Riggle wrote:
> Hi Riccardo, thanks for the interest.
>

> - Not yet.  This is more of a limitation of the SimpleXMLRPCServer
> implementation than that of sugarbot.
Adding an argument to the rpc-functions should do it;
what am I missing ?

> - Not yet.  I am looking at using either DBUS or encapsulating the
> Sugar scripts to run inside a process I control.
Please ping me when you arrive at the point of engineering this part;
I'll do the same if that's ok for you.
I'd like to write/have a tool like this anyway in the next weeks;
so, it would be cool to do it together ! ;)

> - No, but it would be quite trivial to implement.  In fact, since the
> scripting functionality is moving to native Python code, you could do
> it in whatever manner you prefer.
>

> Zach
>
> On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 4:14 AM, riccardo
> <riccardo.lucchese at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>         > On Fri, 2008-07-11 at 18:14 -0500, Zach Riggle wrote:
>         > Thought some of you might be interested to see how sugarbot
>         is coming
>         > along.  I've posted about it a few times in the mailing
>         list.  It's
>         > Google Summer of Code mid-summer evaluation time, and I've
>         just posted
>         > a screencast that demo's some of sugarbot's features.
>         >
>         > Link:
>         >
>         http://gsoc-sugarbot.blogspot.com/2008/07/mid-summer-screencast.html
>

>         Hi Zach,
>
>         Your work is very interesting !
>
>         I couldn't find a more detailed introduction/manual for
>         sugarbot;
>         is there any ?
>
>          - Does sugarbot supports working over more activities at the
>         same time?
>          - Can it automate the shell itself ?
>          - Can it exec any arbitrary command (from a sb script), ie
>           without needing to write them on the terminal activity?
>          - If not yet, are these features planned ?
>
>         Thanks,
>         riccardo

> --
> Zach Riggle