[sugar] (another) WebKit port of Browse

david at lang.hm david
Tue Jul 8 20:16:31 EDT 2008

On Tue, 8 Jul 2008, Carol Lerche wrote:

> So there are two threads here, the first being authentication and the second
> whether the standard browser could be used  (I am still interested in a user
> story as to why collaborative browsing is interesting/useful as opposed to a
> shared bookmark or scrapbook).

I don't know how relavent it is, but I know that there is a fair bit of
commercial implemened shared browsing for the purpose of
teaching/troubleshooting with remote users.

example

you are trying to use an online banking application and run into a
problem. you can call the banks support number and they have you go to a
different URL that acts as a man-in-the-middle proxy, providing the same
display to both you and the callcenter person you are on the phone with.
you go through and show where you have problems and the callcenter person
provides guidence and assistance (the better implementations have the
ability to require that you enter your password and the callcenter person
doesn't have any way of seeing it)

David Lang