[sugar] Sharing data between activities.

Ivan Krstić krstic
Thu Aug 23 23:28:09 EDT 2007

On Aug 23, 2007, at 11:16 PM, Carlos Neves wrote:
> But I must say I'll push as hard as I can to allow for what I'm
> currently doing, as it seems like a fair request, which appears not
> to fit the paranoid mode always needed when implementing serious
> security. But I insist, there has to be a solution that works both
> ways, we may just have to let things evolve from ideas into usable
> frameworks to address each shortcoming in turn.

Can you briefly (re-)summarize which concrete use case you feel isn't
addressed by the duplicate file finder? Would the ability to tag
files as world-readable at install-time (but not runtime) address that?

My goal, clearly, isn't to make things so "secure" that nothing
works, and concrete use cases like yours will help shape thinking
into what needs to be allowed and what needs not. Thanks for being
patient as we hash these things out.

--
Ivan Krsti? <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | http://radian.org