[sugar] Re: pygtk performance issue

Mike Hearn mike
Wed Sep 6 07:49:10 EDT 2006

On Wed, 06 Sep 2006 12:43:07 +0100, Mike Hearn wrote:
> My own profiles show most of the time  ...

Erm, that is my own profiles on my own 1ghz Duron desktop machine. I don't
have an OLPC board.

I get 765 NOENTs on my own box but almost all of these look
simple to eliminate ... most are from Python or the dynamic linker
searching various paths for things. Keeping the linker search path as
small as possible and making Python smarter about finding modules could
fix it easily.

But again I wouldn't bother unless you can get an oprofile trace showing
that it's losing all its time in the kernel file open routines ...