[SoaS] Fixing sugar-view-slides activity in Fedora 35 (python3 port status?)

Ibiam Chihurumnaya ibiamchihurumnaya at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 18:22:50 EDT 2021

On Wed, 2021-06-30 at 12:27 -0700, Alex Perez wrote:
> Ibiam,
>
> The sugar-view-slides package has been FTBFS since Fedora 32. How
> straightforward do you believe it would be to get this fixed, before
> this Fedora package (sugar-view-slides) is retired in 3-4 weeks time?
>
> https://github.com/sugarlabs/viewslides

Thanks for the reminder, at the moment the activity works properly with
my draft PR, I'd left it as a draft because I wanted to completely fix
the collaboration issues before merging but I think we can leave that
out and make a release and open an issue to keep track of fixing it.

> According to GitHub, the python3-port branch was last touched by you
> a couple of months ago. How stable is this code, and is it worthy of
> a release?

Yes it's stable and worthy of a release, I'll make the necessary
changes and make a release and update on fedpkg source.