[SoaS] F33 SoaS login prompt

John Ruemker john.ruemker at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 11:42:39 EST 2020

Hi,
I am new to Sugar.

I am trying to run the F33 SoaS spin, but when I boot it I get a login
prompt.  There was no step in the process of creating the stick where I was
asked to create a user/password.  I don't see any documentation mentioning
a default login, and none of the instructions I've seen show this login
prompt.  Trying made-up credentials fails, as expected.

Screenshot:
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipNefZu8_zFrtEhVLRjwLL1Ry0wclefwffxu4art

My process to get here was:

   1. Download F33 SoaS spin ISO from
   https://spins.fedoraproject.org/en/soas/.
   2. 'dnf install mediawriter' from f33 repo
   3. Load downloaded ISO and write to usb stick
   4. Boot laptop from stick
   5. Reach prompt

What am I doing wrong?

I am eager to give Sugar a try.  I've been aware of it for years and now I
finally have kids that may soon be able to use it!  Thanks for all your
work on this project!