[SoaS] Virtualbox Appliance of soas-3-Mirabelle (RC3) for testing

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Wed May 19 07:16:47 EDT 2010

I have a Virtualbox Appliance of soas-3-Mirabelle(RC3) available for
downloading and testing
updated 5/19/2010

Appliance root password: root=sugarroot

This appliance is ready to run "firstboot" (agree/user name/password/tz/etc)
* installed with liveinst(Anaconda) to 8GB Virtual Disk in 2GB slices

 Download these 3 files:
  http://people.sugarlabs.org/Tgillard/soas-v3-Mirabelle.mf
  http://people.sugarlabs.org/Tgillard/soas-v3-Mirabelle.ovf
  http://people.sugarlabs.org/Tgillard/soas-v3-Mirabelle.vmdk

*Start  Sun Virtualbox ( I used: Version 3.1.5 r59339 for export)
Top Left Corner of window:<file><Import Appliance>
<Choose> (to find 3 downloaded files you just downloaded )
select: soas-v3-Mirabelle.ovf
<Appliance Import Settings> Window appears:
*Correct line: "Guest OS Type" to OS:linux  Version:fedora (click on
Other/unknown it is a  dropdown box)
*Agree to GPL license
*<Import>

*start sugar

Notes:
1-) record has no video as VB not configured for camera
2-) record has no sound on my ACER Aspire One

Tom Gilliard
satellit