[SoaS] [SugarClone] -was Re: You scream, I scream, ...

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Thu May 13 11:28:01 EDT 2010

Fred;

I used your newest script to make a neat USB:
Download:
http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/13.RC3/Live/Fedora-13-i686-Live/

Used script to make 4GB USB with it
Booted USB to Gnome
terminal:
su
yum install sugar*  (94 files)
shutdown

insert into PC drag-drop new SugarClone to opened USB
remove USB

boot from USB
gdm select sugar
Insert 2nd 4GB USB

sugar-terminal:
/mnt/live/SugarClone
automatic detection of 2nd USB with pause (THANKS)
finish clone
shutdown

boot from 2nd Cloned USB
select gnome from gdm (automatic logon)
Menu: applications/education/sugar starts sugar-emulator

Very nice gnome + sugar Live USB! (and it is able to clone itself)

Tom Gilliard
satellit