[SoaS] [Sugar-devel] SOAS 2 problems

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Fri Jan 22 21:36:30 EST 2010

On Sat, 2010-01-23 at 14:10 +1200, David Leeming wrote:
> Berni
>
> I downloaded the iso file from the link below in early Jan, the
> iso is dated 3rd Dec. Is that the later version you refer to?
>
> http://download.sugarlabs.org/soas/releases/

I'm afraid that the latest version released suffers from this bug. I've
stumbled into it while doing some testing with Caroline:

 https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/soas/+bug/498390

I believe it to be systematic and very easy to reproduce: just write
something large to the overlay. For example, you could download a SoaS
image from Browse into the journal.

This is the by-design behavior of device mapper snapshots which we're
using to implement writing to the USB sticks. The easiest way to avoid
it is switching to scrap everything and switch to a traditional
filesystem layout.