[SoaS] Re-building Strawberry?

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 09:35:19 EST 2010

Hi Sebastian, list,

I am looking for how to re-build Strawberry, so I can re-run the build
adding a few extra RPMs and the Gnome group (background thread:
http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2010-February/027420.html )

I've searched the list and sugarlabs site looking for precise
instructions and kickstart, but nothing came up. Eventually I found
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Sugar_on_a_Stick - which seems to be
what I am looking for...

 * Is the ks file good for Strawberry? Is it versioned somewhere?

 * What build tool are you using? (Revisor on F11...? Any fidgeting
with anaconda versions so that the build... builds?)

 * Did you include updates repo when building? Any other repo?

 * Do we have to worry about updates breaking things? (This is of
course impossible to forecast, but do we know of specific bad updates,
or has anyone done a successful update on a SoaS-started install...?)

We'd love some help in understanding these things better...

thanks!

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions