[SoaS] network issues

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 07:37:43 EST 2010

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 12:08 PM, roberto <roberto03 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 1:05 PM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 11:59 AM, roberto <roberto03 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hello, i recently successfully installed Mango Lassi.
>>> It works fine. Now, i try to connect to my personal network router to
>>> get to the Internet.
>>> I switch to tty2 and check by
>>> $ iwlist eth1 scan
>>> if the signal is received and the router recognized and both they are.
>>>
>>> Now, how can i go to configurate the network ? is there a network
>>> manager or should i use the traditional command line tools like
>>> ifconfig and iwconfig etc. ?
>>
>> Yes. If you hit F1 you'll go to the network view where you can see APs
>> and connect from there.
>>

> Definitely !
> Using F1 I can see three spots called "Ad-Hoc Networ 1", "Ad-Hoc
> Networ 2" and "Ad-Hoc Networ 3".
> But none of them reports the name of my wireless router as
> $ iwlist eth1 scan
> does.

The ad-hoc is for the creation of a new ad-hoc network. It does
sometimes take a little while to bring up the network list. Also make
sure network manager is running.

You can do that by running the command (as root) "service
NetworkManager status" and if that has issues do a "service
NetworkManager restart" to (re)start the service. Also what sort of
network device is it, wireless network adapters usually use wlan0 etc.
Did you have to add a driver to make it work to that point?