[SoaS] [SugarClone] -was Re: You scream, I scream, ...

Frederick Grose fgrose at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 23:27:19 EDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 7:18 PM, Thomas C Gilliard <
satellit at bendbroadband.com> wrote:

> dragged scripts into USB opened on PC

I think you mean booted here instead of opened, if you booted the USB
device.
(Opening would refer to a file or file system, such as reading a file or
directory
from a mounted device such as the USB on /media/FEDORA.)

>  http://people.sugarlabs.org/fgrose/
>  modified_livecd-iso-to-disk
>  SugarClone
>
> Transcript of Duplication to 2nd 2GB SD follows:
>
> [root at localhost live]# /mnt/live/SugarClone
>     cloneArgs:
> liveArgs: --noverify --copy-overlay --delete-home --copy-home
> This Live USB/SD device was detected.
>
>    One USB/SD storage device was detected:
>
>       usb..USB2.0..CardReader SD0../dev/sdd../media/FEDORA..FEDORA..2-GB
> EXIT
>
>       That's where we'll load the SugarClone.
>       /dev/sdd
>
> mv: failed to preserve ownership for `/mnt/live/owner.key': Operation not
> permitted
> mv: failed to preserve ownership for `/mnt/live/owner.key.pub': Operation
> not permitted

I believe that this is an indication that the key files are being tampered
with by a user
other than the owner.  The files are moved anyway.

>  Updating boot config file
> --noverify --copy-overlay --delete-home --copy-home
> Copying live image to USB stick
> Copied overlay.
> Updating boot config file
> Installing boot loader
> USB stick set up as live image!
> Success! Your Sugar image is ready.
>
> [root at localhost live]#
>
> Worked Fine!
>
> Name on boot is changed to
>  "Welcome to soas-i386-20100414.22 in a SugarClone prepa",,,,, (rest is off
> screen)

Open 'My Settings', 'About my computer' to see the full build information.

>  requested name and color
> then went to sugar desktop with Analyze application I installed from ASLO
> via browse on previous USB.
> and journal all contents.
>
> Tom Gilliard
> satellit