[SoaS] Weekly status report - Mon 12/04/10

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 18:58:10 EDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 1:29 PM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Sorry for my lack of response over the last week. I've been on
> holidays and tried to stay offline as much as possible.
>
> I think I've now caught up on most of the backlog of emails and other bits.
>
> New points from the last week or so:
> - New Record release 66. It should be appearing in nightly before
> long. For those that want to test _NOW_ you can do a
> ' rpm -Uvh http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/packages/sugar-record/66/1.fc13/noarch/sugar-record-66-1.fc13.noarch.rpm'
> Please report success/failures
>
> - All the final releases of sugar 0.88 should now be in the nightly
> build so please test
>
> - Problems with latest nightly builds. I'm downloading the current one
> as I write this and will be testing it this evening. More detailed
> reports welcome.

The problems with sugar starting should now be fixed when the next
build push it done. I've spent a number of hours this evening to
identify and test the problem and push out fixes to the package.

The issue is due to deprecated GTK symbols, bug reports are upstream
and need to be applied [1] [2].

Those that a chomping at the bit to test the fix can do so by running
"rpm -Uvh http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/packages/sugar-artwork/0.88.0/2.fc13/i686/sugar-artwork-0.88.0-2.fc13.i686.rpm"
and you should have the sweetness of fixed Sugar once again....

Those not so adventurous can get it from a nightly build hopefully in
the next day or so as I've pushed the patched package straight to
stable.

Cheers,
Peter

[1] http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/1899