[Systems] Fw: [help.mit.edu #5653040] Sugar Labs host Justice is offline

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed May 26 05:03:27 EDT 2021

I agree, cloud higher cost right now.

I suggest we check for the possibility of denial of service attack.
An unresponsive console can occur as consequence.  Moving to cloud
would not change that.

Looking briefly at the system, and apologies for the public posting
(systems@ is archived), but the things I'd be concerned about are;

1.  tor, makes us an obvious and locatable target, and there are
actors who occasionally take out tor nodes in order to force traffic
to shift into nodes they have the ability to monitor,

2.  znc, is anyone using?

3.  quasselcore, is anyone using?

4.  dovecot, is anyone using?

5.  /usr/sbin/grafana-server,

6.  ejabberd, is anyone using?

7.  fair number of packages installed that are not part of Ubuntu
focal any more; apt-show-versions | grep -v uptodate | grep -v 'not installed'

Then I'd suggest inspecting the containers inside sunjammer for other
ideas.

--
James Cameron
https://quozl.linux.org.au/