[Systems] Sunjammer stability/load issue resolution (intermittent wiki offline fixed)

Alex Perez aperez at alexperez.com
Wed Jun 23 12:01:32 EDT 2021

Yesterday, the FSF sysadmins restored the previous configuration of six
cores to our Sunjammer VM. It had been emergency-migrated, and only
given two cores, resulting in load averages which would occasionally
peak to 12-13, effectively rendering the system unusable. This was
resulting in our wiki going offline for a few minutes at a time,
multiple times per day.

Thanks to 'sudoman' in #fsfsys on irc.libera.chat for sorting this out.