[Systems] Sunjammer just restarted

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Mon Feb 22 09:05:24 EST 2021

On 22/02/2021 19.35, Samson Goddy wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am just seeing this thread? Do I lose access to @sl account when
> deactivating, as "I haven't been an active member for a year".
>
> Is it possible for mine to be kept?

You could just login once and we'd see your shell account as being active.

Not sure if Srev used a different method to detect inactive users, but I
had a cronjob which did something like this:

   lastlog -b 365 -u 500-1999 | egrep -v 'Never logged in'

If you just need email forwarding, we could delete the shell account and
add a simple forwarding rule in /etc/alias. That wouldn't be subject to
inactivity checks and wouldn't pose any security risks.

Same goes for Ignacio, of course.

\X/  https://codewiz.org/