[Systems] freedom, justice, and jita are unreachable, MIT network issues

Alex Perez aperez at alexperez.com
Sat Mar 14 13:14:37 EDT 2020

For the last seven hours, there has been sporadic ~30% packet loss to media-lab-dmz-rtr-2.mit.edu, and freedom and justice (plus Jita, which is a VM) are completely unreachable, as are their management interfaces. I suspect the machines are up just fine, and this is a network issue, but there' no way to know for sure at this point.

Given that MIT is effectively shut down[1], we may have no choice but to migrate out our infrastructure, since it may be weeks before anyone is able to do anything about it.

[1] http://web.mit.edu/covid19/