[Systems] MySQL timeout execution errors and other errors on wiki.sugarlabs.org in the last ~3 days.

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Apr 29 20:20:35 EDT 2020

Thanks Alex.

I'm in even worse situation with wiki.laptop.org, and last looked into
this in December 2018, so I don't think I can be of any help.  What
blocked my upgrade was use of the Semantic MediaWiki plugin, but I
don't know if Sugar Labs Wiki is using that.

Here's my list of links in my notes of the day.

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Running_MediaWiki_on_Debian_or_Ubuntu
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Moving_a_wiki
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Backing_up_a_wiki
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Upgrading#How_do_I_upgrade_from_a_really_old_version?_In_one_step,_or_in_several_steps?
https://www.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Semantic_MediaWiki

On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 05:08:59PM -0700, Alex Perez wrote:
> on Sunjammer, we are still running Mediawiki version 1.28.1, released in April
> of 2017. The last release in the 1.28 sequence was 1.28.3, released in November
> of 2017. Sunjammer is running PHP 7.3.6, as provided with Ubuntu 16.04, despite
> the fact that Sunjammer is running Ubuntu 18.04, according to 'lsb_release -a'
>
> Over the last few days, we've had quite a few errors:
>
> $grep -i rror /var/log/apache2/wiki.sugarlabs.org/wiki.sugarlabs.org-error.log
> | grep -i "Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded" | wc -l
> 35
> $ grep -i rror wiki.sugarlabs.org-error.log | grep -i "unable to stat" | wc -l
> 264
>
> 20 of these errors are on various lines of /srv/www-sugarlabs/wiki/includes/
> libs/rdbms/database/Database.php
> The remaining fifteen were timeouts in the related /srv/www-sugarlabs/wiki/
> includes/libs/rdbms/database/DatabaseMysqli.php on line 46
>
> Since this is an old version of MediaWiki, with known vulnerabilities, I would
> like to propose we update it immediately. I am not comfortable doing so
> unilaterally. If anyone is willing to help, and has any level of familiarity
> with how we have deployed MediaWiki in the past, please assist.

James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/