[Systems] lighwave now running Ubuntu 20.04

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sun Apr 26 21:22:48 EDT 2020

Thanks.

I've checked lightwave, it looks fine.  I use virsh console.  There's
an opportunity to remove some old packages that are no longer in the
Ubuntu archive.

# apt-show-versions | grep -v uptodate | grep -v 'not installed'

dbndns
deb.torproject.org-keyring
dnssec-tools
git-core
heirloom-mailx
initscripts
insserv
iproute
libapt-inst1.4
libapt-pkg4.12
libboost-filesystem1.46.1
libboost-program-options1.46.1
libboost-system1.46.1
libboost-thread1.46.1
libck-connector0
libdb4.7
libdns50
libffi5
libgcrypt11
libgdbm3
libgmp3c2
libgnutls26
libiw29
liblwres50
libmd5-perl
libmpfr1ldbl
libmpfr4
libntfs-3g54
libreadline6
librtmp0
libssl0.9.8
libtorque2
sysv-rc
ubuntu-serverguide

On Sun, Apr 26, 2020 at 11:17:32PM +0900, Bernie Innocenti wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I tried upgrading lightwave first because it's by far the easiest and least
> critical machine.
>
> Looks like it went smoothly. I had to manually merge the usual etc files
> (only 3 or 4 of them because everything has been slowly moving towards .d
> dirs precisely to simplify local changes).
>
> I tested the primary DNS and it works, except that the IPv6 of lightwave was
> out of date. I will push an update shortly along with some cleanups to the
> zone file.
>
> --
> _ // Bernie Innocenti
> \X/  https://codewiz.org/