[Systems] Fwd: Request For Sunjammer Account

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Jun 19 16:33:31 EDT 2018

G'day Alex,

Aman mentioned on #sugar missing entry on people.sugarlabs.org, cause
was missing symlink, so I've fixed it with

	cd /srv/www-sugarlabs/people
	ln -s /home/asharma/public_html asharma

The symlink would usually be created by system-useradd, and
/etc/system-useradd/config has PUBLIC_HTML_DIR set.

	https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sysadmin/Add_shell_account#Account_creation_on_shell.sugarlabs.org

Aman, please do not distribute non-free software from your account at
Sugar Labs, as this is not allowed by the terms of service of our
host.  Raspberry Pi images have a reputation for containing non-free
software, by accident.  Please find out the license of the binary
files added by rpi23-gen-image, and list the licenses in the same
directory.  Pay attention to the wireless firmware file and the boot
configuration files.  Thanks!

On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 10:28:24AM -0700, Alex Perez wrote:
> Gentlemen,
>
> I'm also now mid-way through a very large move. Moving forward, process-wise, I
> think we should probably start using some sort of ticketing system, however
> crude, for requests such as these, that way they can be "claimed" by whomever,
> and their state can be easily determined by the team. It also allows for an
> audit trail.
>
> Aman,
>
> I have created a user for you on sunjammer. Your username is 'asharma'. If you
> have one, please send me your SSH public key. I will send your temporary
> password separately, via a secure link.
>
> Bernie Innocenti wrote:
>
>     c'd) kindly stepped up to take care of the SL
>     infrastructure from now on, but please keep addressing requests to the
>     administrative contacts (accounts@, sysadmin@, ...) so we're all kept in
>     the loop.
>
>     Samuel and I are still lurking on this mailing list and doing occasional
>     maintenance on servers; just don't expect us be on call for anything
>     important or urgent. Sorry!
>
> --
> Sent from [1]Postbox

> [1] https://www.postbox-inc.com/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=siglink&utm_campaign=reach