[Systems] Disk usage on Jita

Alex Perez aperez at alexperez.com
Mon Jul 30 23:48:58 EDT 2018

18.2GB of Jita's disk is consumed by /srv/gitorious, which I propose we
either get rid of entirely, or move to a separate VM.

14.4GB of Jita's disk is consumed by /srv/obs , and nothing in this
directory has changed since 2013 (see
https://paste.fedoraproject.org/paste/GXtdlUOMQwya~KabATXuqw)

11.4FB of Jita's disk is consumed by /srv/sugar-network , which should
probably similarly be moved to a separate VM.

> Bernie Innocenti <mailto:bernie at codewiz.org>
> July 29, 2018 at 9:15 PM
> This might be the reason why things crashed on Jita:
>
> sugarlabs.org :: jita.sugarlabs.org :: Disk usage in percent
>     CRITICALs: / is 98.01 (outside range [:98]).
>     OKs: /run/shm is 0.00, /srv is 75.81, /run/lock is 0.00, /run is
> 0.02, /boot is 15.25.
>
> I got this munin notification on July 10th, 11th and 12th (it was sent
> to alerts at sugarlabs.org, are you in it yet?).
>
> Since I didn't see further notifications, I assumed someone already
> solved the problem, but actually now I see that there was no
> notification that we returned to the "OK" condition. Perhaps munin
> fails when / is full? Ah, the irony! :-)
>
> Anyway, a longstanding problem with all our servers and VMs is that
> kernel updates keep piling up in /boot until the root becomes full.
> Newer versions of Debian (and thus Ubuntu) have a limit, but we're
> running a museum of old Ubuntu LTS releases here...
>
> I'll be on vacation in Boston for a week on Aug 17-26. I propose that
> we take the time to update freedom and justice on that week. We should
> also swap the hard drives.
>

> Alex Perez <mailto:aperez at alexperez.com>
> July 29, 2018 at 3:41 PM
> Samson,
>
> Thanks for the report. It's back up now, and the VM that hosts
> translate.sugarlabs.org (jita, which runs on justice.sugarlabs.org)
> had somehow crashed, and jita was unresponsive to ping. I'll add a
> health check for this host and subdomain as well.
>
> Regards,
> Alex Perez

> July 29, 2018 at 2:43 AM
> Hello,