[Systems] Forgot my LDAP Password

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Wed Jan 31 05:44:51 EST 2018

Yes, the problem as I understand it is that the pam module can't write
to the LDAP databaase.

Only the web form works, and I was never able to figure how to configure
ACLs so that a user can update their own password hash (but of course
not write directly to it!).

OpenLDAP is obscure and scarcely documented, I think it might be time to
bury it and go back to a normal passwd file for the sake of simplicity.

IMHO, we don't have enough shell users to justify the complexity that
LDAP brings.

 \X/  https://codewiz.org/