[Systems] Change LDAP password

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Fri Aug 31 18:19:46 EDT 2018

On 31/08/2018 14.27, Chihurumnaya Ibiam wrote:
>     Would you
>     like to try changing it in the shell?  I don't know if it works.
>
> I'll try that.

Changing passwords from the shell does not work because passwd does not
have write access to the ldap database (this is intended).

If you don't remember your password, search for the welcome email that
you received when your account was created.

We do not have a form for resetting account password by email, but
sysadmins can set a temporary password for your account and send it to
you by email. Do you have a gpg key? Is it available from public keyservers?

 \X/  https://codewiz.org/