[Systems] Change LDAP password

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Fri Aug 31 17:19:13 EDT 2018

On Fri, Aug 31, 2018 at 02:30:03PM +0100, Chihurumnaya Ibiam wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 30, 2018 at 11:46 PM James Cameron <[1]quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
>
>     What is your username?
>
> My username is ibiamchihurumnaya

Thanks.

>     I've checked and there are no errors logged by the script in
>     /var/log/apache2/[2]ldap.sugarlabs.org/
>
>     I've checked and can see POSTs in the access log, some of which will
>     be yours.
>
>     I've looked at the script and the "Wrong username or password" will
>     happen if the ldap_bind call fails for any reason.
>
>     So I propose to check your username is correct using ldapvi, but
>     beyond that I don't have any ideas.  Bernie?
>
> How do i check with ldapvi?

I have to become root, run ldapvi, search for username.

I've done this, and confirm your username is correct.

Beyond that I'm not willing to go without some others in the sunjammer
admin or adm group giving advice or consensus; because I don't have
the LDAP RootDN password and so I'd have to change it [1] then convey
it to the others securely.

Ibiam, are you changing your password because of expiry?  Would you
like to try changing it in the shell?  I don't know if it works.

Reference:

1.
https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-change-account-passwords-on-an-openldap-server#changing-the-rootdn-password

--