[Systems] #Action Required: Election's 2017-2019 Stage IV Decision on Tool/Platform/server to be used [WAS:Re: Re[2]: Sugar Labs Oversight Board Election Candidates 2017-2019 - Stage III Closed]

Laura Vargas laura at somosazucar.org
Wed Sep 20 14:20:57 EDT 2017

> On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 7:38 PM, Laura Vargas <laura at somosazucar.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Good day Committee, Dave, Frederick, Systems,
>>
>> Thanks for everything you do to keep elections, memberships and wiki
>> users and editions flowing.
>>
>> I have created the following cont down to election's Stage IV on October
>> 1-15, 2017:
>>
>> https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20171001T00&p0=
>> %3A&msg=Sugar+Labs+Oversigth+Board+Election+2017-2019&ud=1&font=cursive
>>
>> AFAIK we only have the following pending tasks:
>>
>> 01- Definition and preparation of the platform/tool/methodology to be
>> used during the election
>> 02- Add new member's requests in a timely manner
>> 03- Check for additional verified emails for the period
>> <Add yours here>
>>
>> We thank Ignacio and Systems who will be in charge of  task 01.
>>
>> For task 01 there is a decision pending
>> <http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/systems/2017-August/005520.html>:
>> civs and loomio have been suggested as appropriate tools.
>>
> We should decide on it asap, october is just around the corner.
>

>> Also Ignacio stated we could reuse verify.sugarlabs.org server.
>>

> verify.sugarlabs.org for membership? if yes. +1 from me.
>

>> *#ACTION REQUIRED: Vote/decide on the election tool/platform/server*
>>

>> I support Ignacio's proposal to reuse verify. sugarlabs.org server.
>>

> Are we using it for the voting process? if yes? why?

We are still deciding.

James Cameron has advise not to use verify.sugarlabs.org server so current
options to vote are:

A) civs (has been the tool used historically for SL elections)
B) loomio (will be the first time to be used for SL elections)

All Committe members please state your election at your earliest
convenience.

Regards and thanks in advance,

Laura Victoria