[Systems] Sugar Labs Oversight Board Election Candidates 2017-2019 - Stage III Closed

Samson Goddy samsongoddy at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 18:22:27 EDT 2017

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 11:14 PM, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 10:56:01PM +0100, Samson Goddy wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 10:48 PM, Laura Vargas <[1]laura at somosazucar.org
> >
> > wrote:

> >         On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 10:04 PM, James Cameron <[3]
> quozl at laptop.org>
> >         wrote:
> >
> >             Two items.
> >
> >             1.  members@ alias
> >
> >             It is wrong to leave unchanged the sunjammer:/etc/aliases
> members@
> >             entry, thus listing only the old committee.
> >
> >             Please update the alias to list the new committee.
> >
> >             $ ssh sunjammer grep members /etc/aliases
> >             elections:      members
> >             members:        samsongoddy, [4]laura at somosazucar.org,
> ignacio
> >
> >         thanks for pointing that out.
> >
> >     Samson,
> >
> >     Can you get in charge of this action please?
> >
> > I believe i don't have access to sunjammer.
>
> Correct.  You are not in sunjammer /etc/group and nor is ignacio.
>
> Instead, you have to ask systems@ in a clear simple post with one
> topic.
>
> A reminder that the committee is at the same time jointly and severally
> responsible for these actions.  While members of the committee can ask
> other members to take an action, that does not absolve the committee
> members from responsibility to follow up the action.
>
> >             2.  candidates' submissions
> >
> >             Adam Holt's submission was truncated, without public
> consultation
> >             with
> >             Adam and without asking Adam to edit.
> >

> >     Adam was properly informed:
>
> Thanks, I see now it was private mail.

I read it, like i said the committee did not approve anything limit. it was
laura's idea and shouldn't be forced on any candidates. It wasn't a
problems last election i don't see why it should now.

1500 character is not approve. Candidates who wishing to edit and express
themselves should.

> >     Your entry had 2009 characters so it has been edited to comply the
> >     elections requirement.
> >
> > This is not a requirement from the committee, maybe yours not not us. So
> this
> > line of statement is unrecognized.
>
> A failure to build consensus; this is a breach of trust within a
> committee, and the way forward is to;
>
> 1.  meet or communicate,
>
> 2.  make assent active and explicit, rather than passive or implicit.
>
> 3.  number and publish the committee decisions.
>
> On point 2, making assent active, my advice to Ignacio, Ibiam, Hrishi
> and Pericherla is to speak up with your assent or dissent.

+1 here.

> Silence is not assent.
>
> >     You will be able to re-edit your entry.
> >     ------------------------------------------------------------
> >     -------------------
> >
> >     Samson,
> >
> >     You replied to me in Adam's email. I assumed you had read it.
> >
> > I wanted you to give me a reason why it was enforced on, without
> agreeing.
>
> Samson, can you confirm you received the mail sent to Adam?  I'm
> worried that the sunjammer alias is to your sugarlabs.org mail
> address, and perhaps it should be to your gmail.com address.

Any i still don't have access to my @sugarlabs.org mail, what went wrong,
is it because i don't use my access to sunjammer?

@james @samuel @sebastain @bernie please confirm, what should i do?