[Systems] Sugar Labs Oversight Board Election Candidates 2017-2019 - Stage III Closed

Samson Goddy samsongoddy at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 17:56:01 EDT 2017

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 10:48 PM, Laura Vargas <laura at somosazucar.org>
wrote:

>> On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 10:04 PM, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Two items.
>>>
>>> 1.  members@ alias
>>>
>>> It is wrong to leave unchanged the sunjammer:/etc/aliases members@
>>> entry, thus listing only the old committee.
>>>
>>> Please update the alias to list the new committee.
>>>
>>> $ ssh sunjammer grep members /etc/aliases
>>> elections:      members
>>> members:        samsongoddy, laura at somosazucar.org, ignacio
>>>

>> thanks for pointing that out.
>>

> Samson,
>
> Can you get in charge of this action please?

I believe i don't have access to sunjammer.

>>> 2.  candidates' submissions
>>>
>>> Adam Holt's submission was truncated, without public consultation with
>>> Adam and without asking Adam to edit.
>>>

> Adam was properly informed:

Yes, but where did we discussed limiting characters? that is where my
concern comes in. I never agreed or see any mail from you about addressing
characters.

> *Your entry **had 2009 characters so it has been edited to comply the
> elections requirement*.

This is not a requirement from the committee, maybe yours not not us. So
this line of statement is unrecognized.

> You will be able to re-edit your entry.
>
> Samson,
>
> You replied to me in Adam's email. I assumed you had read it.

I wanted you to give me a reason why it was enforced on, without agreeing.