[Systems] developer.sugarlabs.org update hook unresponsive

Samuel Cantero scanterog at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 22:18:34 EDT 2017

I've recently checked it and I see the following as error:

  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 307, in flush
    self._sock.sendall(view[write_offset:write_offset+buffer_size])
socket.error: [Errno 32] Broken pipe

This is due the python process (flask app) has received SIGPIPE signal
which means in this case GitHub has closed the connection. I think GH
timeout is only 1 sec and our building bot is taking more time. We need to
reply to GH when the payload arrives and then continue processing in
background (async mode). We might replace flask by aiohttp. Using celery is
too overkill for this.

Best,