[Systems] Fwd: 2017 Debugging member's List [DNS Request]

Laura Vargas laura at somosazucar.org
Fri Mar 24 09:14:45 EDT 2017

> On 23/03/17 21:31, Ignacio Rodríguez wrote:
>
> ~ Question: Do you know the app's procedure for sending the emails?
> can we test this part of the process?
>
> I did send some tests emails to you, Samson and me (from Sunjammer);https://github.com/sugarlabs/verify-email/blob/master/send_mail.py

Yes I do remember!

I was proposing to re-test process on the final server... still, if you
consider we don't need further testing I'll follow your lead.

> the text of the email is available there, we can change it once we getverify.sugarlabs.org or whatever!
>
> The script basically grabs all emails in "mails.txt" and sends them a
> message with the verification link
>

> I took some pain to learn that in this day and age, some mailservers will
> more likely classify your mail as spam, unless it comes from a dns signed
> mailserver for a domain and has proper signatures (is that what DKIM
> signatures are?).
>
> Ignacio, your code assumes localhost is a properly configured mailserver.
> This is not true for *vote* vm. To avoid the Spam folder I setup *vote*
> to relay email to a gmail account. More or less what it says here:
> https://wiki.debian.org/GmailAndExim4
>
> At this time I went and tried it and it failed. There is an error in the
> logs suggesting logging into said account could fix it (password is in
> /etc/exim4/passwd.client).
> Anyhow it's probably better to route mail thru sunjammer.

I agree with Sebastian, I created the issue on github :D

Thanks Sebastian!

> (...)
>
> Bernie, or anyone with access to DNSSEC signatures: I don't think I've got
> access to sign the DNS records for sugarlabs. Membership Committee is
> requesting to add an A record for *verify.sugarlabs.org
> <http://verify.sugarlabs.org>* to IP 18.85.44.75:81 (which is a vm hosted
> in Freedom). This is to conduct a membership email update / verification
> with a Flask app (code by Ignacio, published above).

Thanks Bernie and friendly systems for helping out!

Blessings,
--
Laura V.
* I&D SomosAZUCAR.Org*