[Systems] Please remove these wiki spammer accounts

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Sun May 22 19:01:11 EDT 2016

On 22 May 2016 at 18:31, Samuel Cantero <scanterog at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, May 21, 2016 at 7:55 PM, Dave Crossland <dave at lab6.com> wrote:
>

>> Hi
>>
>> On 18 May 2016 at 22:53, Samuel Cantero <scanterog at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Should we verify it against Dave sheet or should we just remove those
>>> accounts directly?
>>

>> I made a simple little python program to compare the list of 'never used'
>> accounts to the total account list.
>>
>> users = [ ... ]
>> unused = [ ... ]
>> for user in users:
>>  if user in unused:
>>    print("No")
>>  else:
>>    print("Yes")
>>

>> Next I would like to check the mailman archives for email addresses
>> posted to the lists, to ensure we don't remove any accounts that belong to
>> people who otherwise interacted with the community.
>>
>> Are you able to grep for a list of all emails that have ever posted to
>> any list on lists.sugarlabs.org?
>>

> I have filtered the "From header" from all the archive lists (active and
> inactive) since they were created until today.

Great!

> If so, please send them to me or add them to a new sheet in the google
>> docs spreadsheet :)
>>

> Done. I've added it to the last spreadsheet you've shared with me named
> "Sugar Labs Wiki Usernames" in a new sheet named "Mailman Users".

Got it!! Thanks!!

There are now around 1,000 emails in the wiki user list that I think are
not spammer accounts (of about 3,500 total wiki accounts) and 2,175 emails
in that list, so this will be very helpful in marking non-spammer accounts
correctly :)

I suppose there are also emails in ASLO, Pootle, Gitorious, and perhaps
other web services hosted by Sugar Labs, but I don't think its important to
get them, because I think its safe to assume that anyone using any of those
services will have been a wiki user or posted at least once to at least one
SL email list.

--
Cheers
Dave