[Systems] Disk space on freedom

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Mon Jul 18 11:47:27 EDT 2016

On 16/07/16 18:53, Stefan Unterhauser wrote:
> I agree - this split up needs to happen
>
> That is why I suggest you could move the last 3 VMs (beacon, replicator
> and vote) away, so I could follow my original plan go with the 4
> hardddrives (all owned by OLE and Treehouse) to an other system

Are you sure that all the 4 harddrives on freedom belong to you?

Disk /dev/sda: 2.7 TiB, 3000592982016 bytes, 5860533168 sectors
Disk /dev/sdb: 2.7 TiB, 3000592982016 bytes, 5860533168 sectors
Disk /dev/sdc: 1.8 TiB, 2000398934016 bytes, 3907029168 sectors
Disk /dev/sdd: 1.8 TiB, 2000398934016 bytes, 3907029168 sectors

Model=WDC WD3003FZEX-00Z4SA0, FwRev=01.01A01, SerialNo=WD-WCC5D6P4EJVV
Model=WDC WD3003FZEX-00Z4SA0, FwRev=01.01A01, SerialNo=WD-WCC132335678
Model=WDC WD20EARS-00MVWB0, FwRev=51.0AB51, SerialNo=WD-WCAZA8125452
Model=WDC WD20EARS-00MVWB0, FwRev=51.0AB51, SerialNo=WD-WCAZA8118356

I remember that one day you went to the server room and installed 2
additional drives in freedom for your personal use (without even asking
first). Those are the 2 larger drives, which is where the "ole" volume
lives.

I bought a pair of drives for Sugar Labs at Microcenter a while back,
and paid out of pocket. Weren't you with me that day?

Anyway, I no longer have the recipes and there's no need to fight over
old drives: I'll go buy 2 new ones for Sugar Labs and give you back all
4 drives.

> Bernie just to remind you of why we named the systems this
> way https://www.google.com/search?q=freedom+justice&tbm=isch
>
> your Gundam = justice (sugarlabs)
> mine = freedom (treehouse)
> by that we meant the harddrives
> our divorce plan was to split up Treehouse/Sugarlabs entanglement
> between this system and then let me go ... I would leave the case behind ;)
> so you can start there from scratch there
>
> How does this sound?

You can't keep the server: that's property of Sugar Labs and I promised
to Bradley Kuhn and Walter Bender that I will manage it under the
following the conditions:

The primary use of the servers will be supporting the Sugar Labs
infrastructure. As we discussed over IRC, we're also hosting personal
home dirs and blogs of Sugar contributors and some websites related to
Sugar and OLPC deployments, all of which belong to non-profit
organizations. These websites require a minimal amount of resources and
help us attract technical talent and strategic partners to the project.

With this premise made, here's my statement:

"I, Bernie Innocenti, will be the primary system administrator of the
two Silicon Mechanics A161.v3 servers, serial numbers #67360 and #67361.
I attest that the equipment will be primarily used to facilitate my
volunteer contributions to the Sugar Labs project."

(from a GPG-signed post to this list sent on Jun 14 2012).

 \X/  http://codewiz.org