[Systems] Maintenance downtime today for OS upgrades

Sebastian Silva sebastian at fuentelibre.org
Sun Jul 17 03:23:14 EDT 2016

¡Hola!

El 16/07/16 a las 22:11, Dave Crossland escribió:

> On 16 July 2016 at 22:58, Ignacio Rodríguez <ignacio at sugarlabs.org
> <mailto:ignacio at sugarlabs.org>> wrote:
>
>     maybe I should try to "port" ASLO to Flask, or something..
>

> I don't recommend this; Sam P already tried and didn't like where he
> ended up - https://www.sam.today/blog/aslo2-post-mortem.html

So it seems we've all tried to build ASLO successors. We can try again.
I love Flask. We can even make it into a static generator and avoid
Javascript :-)

> I think we ought to think about the Minimum Viable Product that can
> meet the requirements of the system. But it appears there is no list
> of requirements yet. So we need to write one :)

I recommend a subset of the following (citing Laura):

Possible interactions include, but are not limited to:

1. Search, run, publish, install and uninstall Sugar Activities.
2. Share feedback on the experience with Sugar, SN and Sugar Activities (comments, questions, ideas and problems).
3. Share solutions for questions, ideas and problems.
4. Share free digital educational resources (Project's descriptions and Journal Objects).
5. Perform automatic bug reporting of Sugar Activities.
6. Updating the Operating System.*
7. Share usage statistics.
8. Get notifications from other users interactions.*
9. Sneakernet functionallity.*
10. Group editing for projects.*
11. Allow access in DEMO mode (with limited functionality) visitors from a Web browser.