[Systems] Fwd: [Systems-logs] Cron <root at sunjammer> test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.weekly )

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Sun Jan 31 13:54:12 EST 2016

On 01/31/2016 10:42 AM, Samuel Cantero wrote:
> ¿Should be deactivate those users?

Yes, let's deactivate them please. Ancient accounts constitute a (small,
but non-zero) security risk. That's why we expire passwords every 6
months. There's a script to do that quickly:

  system-userdel <user>

It preserves the home in /home/_disabled/<user>.disabled

Also, there must be a bug in my cronjob: it doesn't print the username
for the immortal users.

 \X/  http://codewiz.org