[Systems] Let's Encrypt

Sam P. sam at sam.today
Sat Jan 2 06:12:20 EST 2016

On Sat, Jan 2, 2016, 10:07 PM Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org> wrote:

> On 01/02/2016 11:52 AM, Samuel Cantero wrote:
> > Cool! I haven't heard about it before! I'll do it.
>
> Sunjammer might be too old to run this stuff. Can we start with
> www.sugarlabs.org?

WWW is on freedom now.

It installs via a python virtual environment thing, so maybe that's OK for
sunjammer?

> Or maybe make a container to obtain specific certificates for all our
> subdomains? Not sure if we should have one wildcard certificate
> installed everywhere or several specific ones for each site...

Let's encrypt doesn't support wildcards, and probably will now due to
challenges of automatically verifying ownership.

That's annoying as the wildcard currently simplify creating new ssl sites
to simply including the slo shared config.  Maybe we can make a script that
automates setting up nginx with a new subdomain?

Thanks,
Sam