[Systems] library.sugarlabs.org partition full

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Fri Jan 1 04:02:22 EST 2016

+godiard who seems to have accessed this VM in the past.

On 01/01/2016 09:06 AM, Bernie Innocenti wrote:
> Who is maintaining the library VM? Munin shows that the /boot partition
> is full.
>
> We need to:
>
> 1. Correct the problem. It's probably too many installed kernels, and
> there's a way to limit them automatically in Debian/Ubuntu

Actually, I lied. That's only easy in Fedora. In Ubuntu, they're solving
this for 16.04:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unattended-upgrades/+bug/1357093

So I logged onto library and uninstalled all the old kernels. It wasn't
straightforward because apt had half-installed failed kernel upgrades
which needed to be uninstalled before proceeding.

It's extremely annoying that VMs, left on their own, would end up in an
inconsistent state with /boot full and upgrades failing -- even security
updates, dammit! What the hell were they thinking at Canonical???

</rant>

Well, happy new year to everyone!

 \X/  http://codewiz.org