[Systems] lightwave backups

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Fri Feb 26 21:36:15 EST 2016

While I was cleaning up our cron mail, I noticed that lightwave was not
being backup due to a silly config error. FOR MONTHS.

I fixed it, but I think this highlights a serious issue: nobody (me
included) is reading email from cron. There are way too many errors, and
important stuff like this gets lost in the noise.

So let's make an effort to cleanup systems-logs@ so we receive email
only when something goes wrong. If we can't find a clean way to make a
script shut up, let's redirect it to /dev/null in the cron line...

But from now on, let's all try to keep an eye at cron errors in our inbox.

 \X/  http://codewiz.org