[Systems] {wiki, activities}.sugarlabs.org dead, no response to HTTP GET

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Fri Feb 19 17:49:55 EST 2016

On 02/18/2016 02:48 AM, James Cameron wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 02:22:17AM -0500, Bernie Innocenti wrote:
>> On 02/18/2016 02:10 AM, Bernie Innocenti wrote:
>>> Shall we write a script that dumps the server-status with curl
>>> every few seconds so we can read the last state next time?
>>
>> I have it running in a tmux session:
>
> That's interesting.  How are you finding tmux as compared to screen
> for leaving things running?  I'm yet to try tmux.

They're roughly equivalent, but I like the tmux defaults slightly better
and mouse support seems to be better too (stuff like selecting text with
the mouse when the view is split vertically).

Hotkeys are very different between tmux and screen, but both are
sufficiently configurable to emulate the other one, so it's not as
painful as switching editor or shell.

By the way, have you tried zsh recently? With good settings, it's
sufficiently similar to bash for me and provides a ton of improvements
in completion and history handling.

 \X/  http://codewiz.org