[Systems] Planned system maintenance on Sunjammer starting NOW

Bernie Innocenti bernie at sugarlabs.org
Sun Feb 7 14:26:16 EST 2016

Today Sunjammer will undergo a long overdue maintenance session to bring
the OS up to date.

The following services are affected:

 - Mailing lists
 - Main wiki
 - Local Labs wikies
 - ASLO
 - sugarlabs.org email delivery
 - planet.sugarlabs.org

And a few minor things

 - secondary nameserver
 - download.sugarlabs.org
 - Munin
 - shell accounts (including any IRC bouncers and personal sites)

We'll have to upgrade the base system in stages, from one LTS release to
the next, so things will be going up and down for the entire afternoon.
At the end, we'll be running Trisquel 7 (roughly equivalent to Ubuntu
14.04). We'll perform another upgrade to Trisquel 8 when it becomes
available later this year.

My apologies for the very short notice: Ruben, Samuel and I have been
planning this since last week, but I forgot to send out a public
notification.

--
Bernie Innocenti
Sugar Labs Infrastructure Team