[Systems] e-mail blast query

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 13:25:11 EDT 2016

Thanks all.

I've decided that I will be doing personal e-mails to my old superstar
localizers (and those identified has having contributed over a long
period of time from the created/last_login dates).  Yes, I'm
templating the messages and manually tracking bounces, but L10n is
both high-tech and high-touch, so I will plow my way through the top
end of the previous contributors list just spacing out over a little
time.  This allows for more personalization in the ask (like their
language, if I know it) and also allows real follow up to repljies and
re-registrations.

It is already showing some results:
http://translate.sugarlabs.org/notices/rss.xml

When I get down below the 2000 address limit applicable for totally
free mailchimp service, I will probably use it for the blast to the
accounts that registered and activated, but didn't work over a long
period (or not at all).

Thanks again for the tips.

cjl