[Systems] email from sugar labs lists tends to fall into SPAM folder...

Sebastian Silva sebastian at fuentelibre.org
Wed Oct 28 00:04:32 EDT 2015

Thanks for the recommendation!
I have a feeling DKIM isn't helping.
I checked our domain + "default" selector and, while the DKIM signature
validates, it also outputs:

*Flags*
t= 	y

  * The 'y' flag tells recipients to ignore your DKIM signature

So possibly we are being ignored. I've prepared a patch for the
sugarlabs.org zone. I don't have the keys for signing changes into the
DNS records for sugarlabs.org - somebody with access please apply this
patch, let's see if it helps.

Regards,
Sebastian

On 21/10/15 12:18, Bernie Innocenti wrote:
> Check if we are listed in any RBLs or other blacklists
>
> Also check if DKIM validation still works. If we are using an expired
> key, they will flag us.
>
> Finally, Google has a very useful service called postmaster tools
> which shows you how Google sees your domain.
>
> On October 21, 2015 7:53:49 AM CDT, Sebastian Silva
> <sebastian at fuentelibre.org> wrote:
>
>     Hi friends,
>     I think this may be affecting how we relate to our community. Do you
>     have ideas to solve it?
>
>     On a different host I recently routed traffic thru google smtp-relay
>     which solved this particular issue in another community.
>     But it has a limit of 10.000 daily emails which may not be enough during
>     peak discussions (that we used to have) at Sugar Labs, do you think?
>
>     Other options mean probably implementing some kind of signing protocol,
>     but I don't know anything about those, that's why I ask.
>
>     Regards,
>     Sebastian

I+D SomosAzucar.Org
"icarito" #somosazucar en Freenode IRC
"Nadie libera a nadie, nadie se libera solo. Los seres humanos se liberan en comunión" - P. Freire