[Systems] email from sugar labs lists tends to fall into SPAM folder...

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Mon Nov 9 10:10:52 EST 2015

On 11/08/2015 07:53 PM, Sebastian Silva wrote:
> I haven't seen a mail from suger-devel in spam folder since Nov 4.
> Looks like you fixed it! I have no experience on DMARC.

I reviewed the DMARC documentation and it seems useful. It builds on top
of SPF and DKIM, with additional information on how to handle delivery
for mail that fails the checks.

Since lots of people use their @sugarlabs.org aliases without passing
through our SMTP server, our DMARC policy *must* *not* tell other sites
to reject unsigned mail. Also, there are various quirks regarding email
forwarded by mailing list managers (the From address remains the same,
but the sending domain may actually be different).

So if someone wants to experiment with DMARC that's great, but be
extremely careful about handling these corner cases correctly or we'll
loose users emails.

 \X/  http://codewiz.org