[Systems] disk space fluctiation on freedom Fwd: freedom.sugarlabs.org-Munin_alert

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Mon May 4 23:41:55 EDT 2015

+dogi

On 04/05/15 17:21, James Cameron wrote:
> On Mon, May 04, 2015 at 02:14:26PM -0700, Sam Parkinson wrote:
>> However, it is creating many issues because when running
>> "mkfs.btrfs" on the lvm mapper file it says it is busy. When it is
>> mounted, lsof and fuser don& apos;t report any users though :(
>
> There's still a reference to the mapper.
>
> Filesystem mounts, not being tracked by file descriptors, are a common
> cause of this symptom.  There's probably a tool for finding them, but
> my method is to look for processes that might own the mount, or
> perhaps check /proc/*/mounts.
>
> When time is short, there's nothing like an "i'm defeated" reboot.

Ok to reboot, but please wait until an week day afternoon (EDT), so in
case something goes badly wrong I can run to the media lab to fix things.

Last friday I made more room in /backup by moving historic backups to
justice and deleting the oldest backups snapshots of sunjammer, but at
this rate it will fill by the end of this week.

Dogi was in the process of migrating some large VMs related to OLE in
order to free up some space on freedom. Dogi, how long will it take?

  \X/  http://codewiz.org