[Systems] [Sugar-devel] This list in need YOUR help

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sun Mar 29 16:06:37 EDT 2015

On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 02:21:55PM -0500, Sebastian Silva wrote:
> There is a number of reasons a message could wind up in the
> moderation queue.
>
> If it is over 256k.

As list post volume has fallen, and cost per byte has fallen, I
propose you double or quadruple that limit.  As consequence, the risk
of busy moderator will be reduced.

> If you send it from a different address than the one you are
> subscribed.
>
> The one that bit me, was that mailman thought my email was some kind
> of administrative email (subscription request or something).
>
> It also seems like some people have been automatically unsubscribed
> against their will because of some kind of bounce email automatic
> processing.

Yes, this is an irritating problem.  The problem can be seen by a list
maintainer ... when a burst of unsubscribe notifications arrive with a
pattern.

I'm happy with my moderation responsibilities on lists.laptop.org;
they keep me busy ... but if you have no other volunteers for
moderation, let me know.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/