[Systems] Need some help pls

Bernie Innocenti bernie at sugarlabs.org
Wed Mar 18 10:02:40 EDT 2015

+systems

On 03/18/2015 05:09 AM, Basanta Shrestha wrote:
> Hi Bernie,
> Greetings from Nepal.
>
> We are trying to revamp our website olenepal.org <http://olenepal.org>
> which is on sunjammer. The web developer ( 3rd party) is asking for a
> ftp account. My private key has been added on the sunjammer and I don't
> want to give him full ssh access or my private key. Is there any
> solution? Please suggest.

We can't do ftp because it's unencrypted and sends the password in clear
text, but we could give them a separate ssh account with permissions to
write to the website files. ssh also has a tool called sftp, which is
similar in spirit to ftp.

Please ask the web designer to generate a key pair and send us the
public key.

--
Bernie Innocenti
Sugar Labs Infrastructure Team