[Systems] Wiki speed (was Re: Wiki account creation OpenID Problem)

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sun Jun 21 23:21:29 EDT 2015

On Sun, Jun 21, 2015 at 09:52:08PM -0500, Sebastian Silva wrote:
> By the way we've been on a slow link for some time and have felt the
> wiki is painfully slow, it would be a good deed to try to optimize
> it for slower links - I think likely it is the new fancy javascripty
> UIs...
>
> I could only usefully edit it with the old "code" editor.

Sometimes this is caused by a local configuration or filtering problem
with your service provider.

To test by exclusion, set up an SSH tunnel to your shell.sugarlabs.org
account:

	ssh -D 9000 shell.sugarlabs.org

Then in Firefox, Preferences, Advanced, Network, Connection, Settings,
set Manual proxy configuration, set SOCKS Host to localhost, and port
to 9000, and set SOCKS v5.

Then test wiki.sugarlabs.org again.

For this type of proxy, before login, the Wiki shows IP address of
2001:4830:134:7:0:0:0:11

You might also be interested in wikipediafs on Debian.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/